Areas of Treatment :
Cranio- Spinal Imaging including Head & Neck ENT/skull base /ocular & orbital radiology including Neuro-ophthalmology , Oncology ,Infectious diseases
Hospital Affiliation :
Practice Name :
Matrix (Unit of Apace Imaging & Diagnostic Centre Pvt Ltd)
Years in Practice :
Description of Practice :
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND EXPERIENCE ORGANIZATIONS
ü Consultant Radiologist w.e.f. September 2002 to 28th Feb, 2006
PRIMUS Imaging, Guwahati, Assam India
Primarily involved in imaging of emergency referred & trauma patients.
Modalities: CT Scan, MRI, USG, Color Doppler , X ray & allied procedures like IVP, barium studies and guided interventions. Administration of routine working protocols in the department, training of personnel, junior residents, PG’s, monitoring technical details and machinery, interacting with trade and industry personnel and generating inputs for overall improvement in departmental work.
ü Consultant Radiologist w.e.f. 10th December2001 to 5th September 2002
Sehgal’s Neurological Research Centre (ADS Diagnostics),B – 21, Kailash Colony, New Delhi – 48,India ,
Patient monitoring, scanning and reporting: CT, MRI, USG, Color Doppler and conventional studies in emergency, in-house and OPD patients
ü Senior Resident (Registrar) w.e.f. 6th September 2000 to 6th December 2001
Department of Neuroradiology, C.N. Centre, All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi – 29, India ,
Conventional x-ray studies, USG, color Doppler, CT, MRI and interventional studies, Regular Neuro radiological / clinical conferences, Seminars, Routine Emergencies, Neuro-radiological, Cardiac radiology
ü Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroradiology w.e.f. 1st April 99 to 31st March 2000
Deptt. of Radiology & Imaging, Institute of Neurological Sciences (INS) and GNRC Heart Center, Guwahati-6, Assam, India
Conventional x-ray studies, USG/color Doppler, CT, MRI and interventional studies, Seminars ,NR Conference, CME’s / Workshops
ü Junior Medical Officer w.e.f 31st Oct. 94 to 31st Sept. 95Red Cross Hospital, Navagiri Road, Chandmari, Guwahati–3, Assam,
Areas of Expertise :
M.D.(Radiology) Assam Medical College and Hospital
Year Graduated :
Rotatory Clinical Internship, w.e.f 20th Aug 93 to 3rd Sept. 94 Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Assam, India: Two months each in general medicine, surgery, obs. and gyn. and PSM. One month each in ophthalmology, ENT, Casualty and Dermatology.
Senior Resident (Registrar) w.e.f. 6th September 2000 to 6th December 2001 Department of Neuroradiology, C.N. Centre, All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi – 29, India , Junior Medical Officer w.e.f 31st Oct. 94 to 31st Sept. 95 Red Cross Hospital, Navagiri Road, Chandmari, Guwahati–3, Assam,
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroradiology w.e.f. 1st April 99 to 31st March 2000 Deptt. of Radiology & Imaging, Institute of Neurological Sciences (INS) and GNRC Heart Center, Guwahati-6, Assam, India
Board Certification :
AMC - Radiology
Major Activity :
CT MRI USG Basic interventions
Professional Society Memberships :
Indian Medical Academy, Indian Red Cross, International Youth Hostels Association
Professional Affiliations :
Life Member of Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA)-http//:www.iria.in • Life Member Indian College of Radiology & Imaging ( ICRI) -http//:www.icri.in • Life Member Indian Medical Academy (IMA)- http:www.indianmedicalacademy.org • Life Member Indian Society of Neuroradiology (ISNR)-http:www.isnr.com
• Topic of thesis undertaken under Post-Graduation program (M.D.) “An Evaluative Study of the value of Iohexol Myelography in the diagnosis of Lumbar Disc Lesions”. • “Imaging Features of Osteoid Osteoma in Plain Radiograph, CT and MR : A Case Report and Review of Literatures” Ind J Radiol Imag 2005 15:4:481-484, http://www.ijri.org on Saturday, July 05, 2014, IP: 126.96.36.199 • Scientific pap
Teaching and Speaking :
ü Past Vice President, Assam State Branch of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association, 2010-2011
· Scientific Convenor, Academic Forum of the Guwahati City Chapter of Radiology, Guwahati, India, since 2009 till 2013.
· Past (2009-2010) and Present (2012-2013) Nominated Central Council Member, Assam State Branch, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association (IRIA).
· Provincial representative in the Executive council of Indian Society of Neuroradiology (ISNR), 2004-2005.
Research Interests :
Reporting whole body CT/MRI with emphasis on
Cranio- Spinal Imaging including Head & Neck
ENT/skull base /ocular & orbital radiology including Neuro-ophthalmology
Trauma and Emergency Radiology
CT & USG guided routine interventions (FNAC’s, biopsies, Percutaneous Abscess Drainages, diagnostic as well as therapeutic pleural/ascitic f luid aspirations
Philanthropic Initiatives :
· Part of rural health care services of a corporate charity trust in NE India, 2005-08
· Anti-malaria programs initiated by the Govt. of India, as an intern / house officer.
· Community child healthcare immunization programs like pulse polio immunization program and other similar initiatives of the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India
· Organizational and participatory experience in flood reliefs, health camps, multiple blood donation camps run by Social Services Wing of Gauhati Medical College & Hospital students’ union in Medical School (GMCH,1999-2003)
· Some organizational experience of health awareness outreach and immunization clinics, first-aid centers, blood donation rallies, STD awareness camp.
Attributes Success To:
Interacting with Seniors,Juniors as well as Peers,
maintaing discipline in professional conduct,
Fluent in English ,Hindi, Assamese & Bengali
Place of Birth :
Favorite Medical Journal :
NeuroImaging Clinics of North America
More about Me :
Himadri Sikhor Das, MBBS, MD, PDCC, works at Matrix in Assam, India. He is specialized in diagnostic radiology, including CT scans, neuroradiology, stroke and trauma cases, and other related fields.